Submit Current Inn News
Spreading the word about your Inn's efforts to reclaim the profession and elevate the public's perception of our justice system is integral to the mission of the American Inns of Court. News items can inform members of your Inn, members of other American Inns of Court across the country, and the legal community at large about the positive steps the American Inns of Court are taking to promote professionalism, ethics, civility, and excellence in legal skills.
Inn news can be submitted by e-mailing AExcellence@innsofcourt.org. Please cc: your Director of Chapter Relations and review the guidelines listed below.
Current Inn of Court News Items
Topics for Your Inn of Court News Items
- Submissions to the Bencher
- Published articles on the Inn's website
- Press releases to local media
- Published articles in newspapers, online media, bar journals, etc.
Topics to Avoid for Your Inn of Court News Items
- Outreach activities and community involvedness
- Special projects or programs
- Inn recognitions or anniversaries
- Scholarships and Intern programs
The Bencher Submission Guidelines
- Personal awards or recognitions of Inn members
- Pictures of members eating and drinking
- All submissions should be e-mailed to the editor, Rita Zimmerman and cc: your Chapter Relations Director.
Inn the News
Inns are invited to submit Inn-related news items for inclusion in the "Inn the News" section of The Bencher. Recommended word count is 350 words or less. Longer articles will be considered, but may be subject to substantial editing. Inns are also encouraged to submit photos related to their news item(s). Please refer to the photo and image submission guidelines below. Please note that The Bencher does not publish "congratulatory" news.
Photographs and Images: Please submit jpg or tif files with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (high-resolution). Head shots should be 300 dpi and at least 2"x3". Please note that photos and images posted or saved from the internet are low resolution and not suitable for commercial printing. Original photographic prints are accepted, but will not be returned.
Current Inn News Item Samples