The American Inns of Court Program Awards recognize exceptional programs created and presented at local Inn meetings between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018. The top three programs are recognized with plaques that are presented at an Inn meeting and with special lapel pins presented to each member of the pupillage team that presented the program.
2018–2019 Program Awards Winners Complete List
Program Awards Criteria
- Promotes or incorporates elements of the American Inns of Court mission
- Presents information in an entertaining or captivating way
- Poses interesting questions or challenging subjects
- Presents legal issues in a new or creative way
- Raises ethical questions
- Addresses current legal issues
- Contains complete research to support the program
- Can be replicated by other Inns and contains a complete set of materials
By implementing each criterion, as well as addressing the educational value and quality of the research for the program into your submission, you will produce a well-rounded program and enhance your Inn's chances of earning an American Inns of Court Program Award.
Program Awards Recognition
- On the American Inns of Court website
- In the InnSight® e-newsletter
- In The Bencher® magazine
- In the Program Library Catalog
Submitting Inn programs also earns your Inn credit in the Achieving Excellence program.
Program Award Submissions
- Programs must be sent within sixty days of presentation to the Inn to be eligible for award consideration (Inn programs in May and June must be postmarked by June 30).
- Submit programs via e-mail.
- Submit program via mail to: American Inns of Court, Attn: Program Awards, 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 770, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Electronic submissions are preferred. Large files (such as videos or large PowerPoint presentations) can be mailed to the office.
- Please include a complete set of materials along with a Program Submission Form.
- Incomplete programs will not be eligible for award consideration.
- Only programs originally presented between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018 are eligible.
If you have questions or need further information about submitting a program, the Program Library, or Program Awards, please send us an e-mail or call (571) 319-4713.