Best Special Project Award
A special project is a substantive activity or enterprise created and developed by the Inn that may not be just for Inn members but also reaches the local legal community or community at-large.
- Promotes or incorporates elements of the American Inns of Court mission
- Presents interesting or challenging subjects
- Reaches out to the legal community
- Contains complete research to support the project
By implementing these elements or as many as possible into your submission, you will enhance your Inn's chances of earning the American Inns of Court Best Special Project Award.
Special project entries should include a complete set of materials and be postmarked by June 30, 2017 to qualify for an award and to be considered for the Program Library Catalog.
- Projects should be submitted electronically by e-mail.
- Projects may also be shipped to the American Inns of Court, 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 770 Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Please include a complete set of materials along with a Special Project Submission Form.
- Only original projects presented between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 are eligible.
- Project submissions must be postmarked by June 30, 2017.
Submitting a project for award consideration may also satisfy one or more requirements in the Achieving Excellence program. Depending on the nature of the special project, submission may count toward the program submission, community project, or other requirements. If you think your special project may satisfy one of the Achieving Excellence requirements, please consult with your Chapter Relations Director.
Special Project Award Recognition
- Presentation of an engraved plaque at an Inn meeting
- Listed in the Program Library Catalog
- Linked to in the InnSight® e-newsletter
- Listed in The Bencher®