Promote the Inns of Court Diversity Policy
The American Inns of Court's Diversity Policy emphasizes not only diversity among our membership, but also the American Inns of Court commitment to creating and maintaining a culture of diversity throughout our organization and in our profession. Inclusion of the Diversity Policy as an element in the Achieving Excellence program is to give each Inn the opportunity to describe its activities, to create a data bank for the benefit of other Inns, and to emphasize the Diversity Policy.
Inns can raise awareness of and promote diversity through all kinds of activities, such as:
Diversity Policy Resources
Diversity Policy Samples
- Including the Diversity Policy in the Inn Handbook
- Including the Diversity Policy on the Inn website by linking to the American Inns of Court Diversity Policy website or posting the Diversity Policy pdf.
- Distributing copies of the Diversity Policy as part of the New Member Orientation
- Making an effort to consider diversity in selecting new Inn members
- Engaging in community outreach efforts and education
- Considering the make-up of program panels or subject matter (such as pro se litigants, jury selection, gender bias)