Celebration of Excellence
The American Inns of Court Celebration of Excellence is
held annually at the Supreme Court of the United
States to honor individuals who have contributed their
talent, time, energy, and resources to furthering the ideals of the
American Inns of Court. The black-tie event begins with a
reception, followed by the awards presentation in the Court Room
and dinner in the Great Hall.
The Celebration of Excellence
The Honorable Elena Kagan will host our 2015 Celebration of
Excellence at the Supreme Court of the United States on Saturday,
October 24, 2015.
The A. Sherman Christensen Award,
the Lewis F.
Powell, Jr. Award for Professionalism and Ethics, the Sandra Day
O'Connor Award for Professional Service and the Warren E. Burger
Prize will be presented. The 2015 Professionalism Awards
recipients will be recognized as well.
The photos from the 2014 gala event are now available from the
photographer Kevin Kennedy. Click the following link to
For questions regarding public use of photographs, please contact
Kevin Kennedy Photography
Celebration of Excellence Registration
- General registration will open on September 2, 2015 for any
remaining seats. If there are no remaining seats, your
registrations will be added to the waiting list.
- Please do not make any travel arrangements until you receive an
e-mail confirming that your registration has been approved and
- We would really like to accommodate all of our members at the
Celebration of Excellence, but space restrictions make this
Celebration of Excellence Questions
Celebration of Excellence Refund Policy
- Full refunds will be issued for written cancellations received
by October 15, 2015.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after
October 16, 2015.
Celebration of Excellence Attire
- Proper attire for the evening is black tie "preferred."
- Most gentlemen will be wearing tuxedos.
- Most ladies will be wearing cocktail dresses or evening
Celebration of Excellence Transportation
- If you are driving to the Supreme Court, please note that
parking is not available at the Court.
- Street parking is available in the area near the Court, but
please be advised that many of the streets immediately adjacent to
the Court do not permit parking.
The Mayflower Renaissance
1127 Connecticut Ave, NW, Washington, DC
Tel: (202) 347-300
- Room block information available in July
- Cameras are NOT permitted in the
- There will be a professional photographer taking pictures of
- If you have special dietary or other needs, please let us
know as early as possible so that we can make your evening as
enjoyable as possible.
- The reception and dinner will be held at the Supreme
Court of the United States. The address is One First Street NE,
Washington, DC 20543.
- You may enter the building through the First Street
visitor's entrance. This entrance is located to the right and left
of the front main steps.
- The reception will be in the East and West Conference
Rooms and the awards presentation in the Courtroom followed by
dinner in the Great Hall and West Conference Room.