Celebration of Excellence
The American Inns of Court Celebration of Excellence is
held annually at the Supreme Court of the United
States to honor individuals who have contributed their
talent, time, energy, and resources to furthering the ideals of the
American Inns of Court. The black-tie event begins with a
reception, followed by dinner in the Great Hall and the awards
presentation in the Court Room.
The Celebration of Excellence
The Honorable Clarence Thomas hosted our 2013 Celebration of
Excellence at the Supreme Court of the United States on Saturday,
October 19, 2013.
Photographs taken during the event will be available for
purchase directly from the photographer, Kevin
Kennedy, through his website at http://www.pictage.com/1488173.
Questions regarding purchase of photographs should be directed to
The Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg will host our 2014 Celebration
of Excellence at the Supreme Court of the United States on
Saturday, October 25, 2014.
The A. Sherman Christensen Award,
the Lewis F.
Powell, Jr. Award for Professionalism and Ethics, the Sandra Day
O'Connor Award for Professional Service and the Warren E. Burger
Prize will be presented. The 2014 Professionalism Awards
recipients will be recognized as well.
Celebration of Excellence Registration
- General registration will open on September 2, 2014 for any
remaining seats. If there are no remaining seats, your
registrations will be added to the waiting list.
- Please do not make any travel arrangements until you receive an
e-mail confirming that your registration has been approved and
- We would really like to accommodate all of our members at the
Celebration of Excellence, but space restrictions make this
Celebration of Excellence Questions
American Inns of Court
Attn: Cindy Dennis
1229 King Street, Second Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
Fax: (703) 684-3607
Celebration of Excellence Refund Policy
- Full refunds will be issued for written cancellations received
by October 16, 2014.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after
October 17, 2014.
Celebration of Excellence Attire
- Proper attire for the evening is black tie "preferred."
- Most gentlemen will be wearing tuxedos.
- Most ladies will be wearing cocktail dresses or evening
Celebration of Excellence Transportation
- If you are driving to the Supreme Court, please note that
parking is not available at the Court.
- Street parking is available in the area near the Court, but
please be advised that many of the streets immediately adjacent to
the Court do not permit parking.
The Liaison Capitol Hill,
An Affinia Hotel
415 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, DC
Tel: (202) 638-1616
- Reservations should be made directly with the hotel no
later than September 8, 2014, by calling (866) 233-4642. Be sure to
specify that you are with the American Inns of Court Foundation to
receive the special group rate. Reservations received after the
cut-off date will be subject to space and rate availability. An
advance deposit or credit card is required to guarantee the
- Cameras are NOT permitted in the
- There will be a professional photographer taking pictures of
- If you have special dietary or other needs, please let us know
as early as possible so that we can make your evening as enjoyable
- The reception and dinner will be held at the Supreme Court of
the United States. The address is One First Street NE, Washington,
- You may enter the building through the First Street visitor's
entrance. This entrance is located to the right and left of the
front main steps.
- The reception will be in the East and West Conference Rooms and
the dinner will be held in the Great Hall, followed by the awards
presentation in the Courtroom.