The Warren E. Burger Prize
The Warren E. Burger Prize is a writing competition designed to
encourage outstanding scholarship that "promotes the ideals of
excellence, civility, ethics and professionalism within the legal
profession," the core mission of the American Inns of Court.
The American Inns of Court invites judges, lawyers, professors,
students, scholars, and other authors to participate in the
competition. Please submit an original, unpublished essay of 10,000
to 25,000 words on a topic of your choice addressing issues of
legal excellence, civility, ethics and professionalism.
- Review and follow the Warren E. Burger Prize Rules
- Complete the Warren E. Burger Cover Page
before submitting your essay
- Send a completed cover page with the required materials no
later than July 15
- Submissions should be addressed Cindy Dennis, American Inns of
Court, 1229 King Street, Second Floor, Alexandria, VA 22314
- For additional information, contact Cindy Dennis at (571)
319-4703, or e-mail Cindy
The winning essay will be selected by September 15.