The Linn Inn Alliance presents Distinguished Service Medals to those members from around the country and in Tokyo who have made outstanding contributions to the American Inns of Court over the last several years. Nominations may be made by reply email, identifying the nominee and briefly describing why the nominee is deserving of this recognition. The deadline for nominations is January 31, 2019. This is a wonderful way to recognize the special person in your Inn who has made a real difference in the success of your Inn over the past several years. The medals will be presented at the Linn Inn Alliance reception in New York, just prior to the NYIPLA Judges Dinner.
2018 Distinguished Service Medal Winners
Amy Gallup Klann, Hon. William C. Conner American Inn of Court and Tokyo Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Amy is a member of both the Hon. William C. Conner American Inn of Court in NY and the Tokyo Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- She has played and continues to play a special role in sustaining and strengthening the Tokyo IP Inn and connecting members of the Conner and Tokyo Inns.
- At least once a year, she invites and organizes small groups of Conner Inn members to join her in presenting a program at the Tokyo IP Inn.
- She has gone out of her way to fulfill an important goal of the Linn Inn Alliance, namely to bring together IP attorneys from across the country and the globe who understand the importance of ethics, civility and professionalism.
Jacob A. Schroeder, San Francisco Bay Area Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Long-time member of the San Francisco Bay Area Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Is the representative for the SF Bay Area Inn on the newly formed Linn Inn Alliance Advisory Council
- Served as an Editor of the 25th Anniversary Special Edition of the Bencher
- Is taking the lead in the reemergence of the SF Bay Area Inn as one of the preeminent IP Inns on the Alliance
Cecily M. Winmill, Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Member of the Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court since 2009
- Currently serves as Treasurer
- Cecily runs every aspect of the Inn’s meetings, including selecting the venue, setting the agenda, managing attendance and CLE credits, handling food and beverage vendors and overseeing the budget
- She also handles logistics for program committee meetings, mentoring activities, and community outreach activities.
- Cecily has been instrumental in tracking the AIC Excellence criteria, with the result that the Colorado IP Inn has received the AIC Platinum Award 4 years in a row.
- Magistrate Judge Kristen Mix and Past President David Weir love Cecily’s “contagiously-positive attitude.”
Amy Ziegler, Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Amy has been a member of the Richard Linn American Inn of Court in Chicago from the Inn’s inception in 2006
- She is exceptionally committed to the success of the Inn and openly and willingly volunteers her time and energy to whatever task comes her way
- For over a decade, her dedication to the Linn Inn has not waivered or diminished in any way
- She has served as a mentor, as Program Chair, as Scholarship Chair, as a Member of the Executive Committee and now serves as Secretary.
- As founding member Olivia Bedi put it in her nominating email: “The Inn has thrived under Amy’s leadership and we don’t plan on letting her go until she is President.”