Sample Job Description—Program Committee Chair
- The Program Committee Chair leads the Program Committee, which directs the educational component of the Inn.
This committee is composed primarily of members who are not officers.
- Devise a general groundwork for the year's programs in advance (before the first meeting in the fall) with the approval of the executive committee
- Select program topics and assign them to the pupillage teams
- Supervise and consult with the pupillage teams as necessary while they develop the details of their programs
- Submit programs with a completed Program Submission Form to the national office by the deadline
- The person in this position must maintain an active status with the Inn throughout his or her term.
- The term of this position is two years, commencing on July 1 following the elections.
- Must meet with the outgoing Program Committee Chair to review the current standing of the program committee and the pupilage teams
- Review the Inn’s most recent self-evaluation to determine previous successes or challenges encountered in the position.
- Review the resources available in the Program Library available at the national office
Responsible To/Responsible For
Reports to the Executive Committee
- Works with the Counselor to oversee the operation of the pupillage teams.