Sample Job Description—Membership Chair
While the Masters of the Bench or the executive committee make the actual selection of new members, a small membership committee, lead by a chair, can serve the valuable function of building a file of potential members for consideration.
- Maintain process for new member solicitation
- Coordinate presentations at local or state bar meetings and presentations at section bar meetings for recruitment of new members
- Screen applicants and make recommendations
- Create a waiting list of potential members suggested by current members
- The person in this position must maintain an active status with the Inn throughout his or her term.
- The term of this position is two years, commencing on July 1 following the elections.
- Meet with the outgoing Membership Committee Chair to review the current standing of the membership rolls and ratios and the waiting list of potential members
- Review the Inn’s most recent self-evaluation to determine previous successes or challenges encountered in the position.
Responsible To/Responsible For
- Reports to the Executive Committee